Monday, August 22, 2011

We Have Launched!



Psalm 90:14 - "Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days."


As I sat on the deck this early morning reading Psalm 90, I was reminded that our time is precious ... what moments we have here on this side of heaven are but a vapor to our Creator - and yet everything matters. It all counts. 


"Teach us to number our days, O LORD - that we may gain a heart of wisdom." (Ps. 90:12) How will I spend THIS day? I'm sure it will entail being refined from the inside-out, as only the refiner's fire can. And this is how day 1 began ... being refined through His Word, His beautiful creation, and a quiet moment to reflect on the duty and devotion ahead.




My sweet Kindergartener ... so afraid of getting her "kindergarten shot" for the past 3 years that she fully intended on staying in preschool forever. Forget the shot, I say! We can do it later. Welcome to Kindergarten, my Sweet. : )




Second grade becomes her, yes?! Toes and fingernails freshly painted, outfit selected herself, and an eager smile for what is to come. Loves!




Getting started with spelling and handwriting...




Ellie is hard at work with her independent, creative playtime (with Ben). I believe she made an angel with stars. This just speaks again to this child's sensitivity to the spiritual realm. And my little man LOVES Play-Doh : )




Illustrating day 1 of creation ... "Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light." (Gen. 1:2-4)




"What would you like to achieve by the end of 2nd grade, Abbie?"  (Click the picture for a closer look at her response.)


Yep. This is going to be good. Very, very good!


I've truly appreciated all the support and prayer from many of you readers! This is no small effort, and I mean it when I say that I covet your prayer in this. Many thanks to you all. 


And enough of this blogging for awhile! I've got work to do : ) 


Much love,
Jenn

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing Jenn. You are such a loving mom. You are doing a wonderful job. I am going to enjoy following your blog. :) Prayers are with you. Luvs!

    ReplyDelete